23 July 2020
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Maria is not only a trained cookery teacher but a qualified Environmental Health Officer with a wealth of experience and background in food and premises safety. Aj was trained to the highest possible standard at Leiths School of Food and Wine in London before spending 5 years working as a leading Chef for Rick Stein at his prestigious Seafood Restaurant in Padstow.
We hope this helps to reassure our customers that our safety measures go above and beyond what is expected to ensure we keep everyone as safe as possible.
Our course arrangements
- All ‘Feast for Four’ courses will be limited to 5 customers who will each have their own kitchen bay for the duration of the day.
- All ‘Friday Night Is…’ courses will be limited to 5 pairs. Each of these pairs will be happy to sit, eat and work together (reflected in the ticket booking on our website).
- All ‘Young Chef’ courses will be limited to 10 children working back to back, two to a bay.
- All ‘Family Chef’ days will be limited to 5 pairs from the same household all working within their own bay.
- All customers will be seated to ensure 2 metres social distancing at the main demonstration island.
- Contact details will be taken at the time of booking and we will cooperate fully with the test and trace programme as required.
- All staff will wear visors at all times
- Hand sanitising gel will be widely available
- The cookery school and all facilities and equipment will be deep cleaned before each course
- Once each course has started the cookery school will be ‘locked down’ into a bubble for the duration of the course
- Apart from our ‘Friday Night Is…’ courses, all snacks and refreshments will be individually packaged for service
- All of our staff will have received specialised training in line with our Coronavirus standard operating procedures
Your cooking area
- All ingredients will be ready and waiting for you in your own bay
- Your kitchen bay will have its own hand washing and sanitising facilities
- You will be supplied with your own cooking equipment which will be sanitised before use
- You will have your own plentiful supply of tea towels, aprons and cleaning cloths all of which will be laundered to a high temperature
- Brand new takeaway containers will be available for all courses, although customers are welcome to bring their own
Any further questions?
As always, your comfort and safety is of paramount importance to us. Please do not hesitate to call 01872 246099 and ask to speak to Maria or Aj in person who will be able to answer any questions or queries you may have.